Vintage Dish

I absolutely love this vintage lidded vegetable dish.  I actually have a pair and they were among the first of my vintage buys many, many years ago before "rescuing" vintage china became fashionable.

 
I picked them up for a tiny sum in an Edinburgh charity shop - can't imagine doing that now!

 
I use them at Christmas and when I have friends round for dinner - they are so useful for keeping vegetables and potatoes warm while dishing out.  I also use them for salad and pasta - anything really.

 
The back stamp (isn't it pretty!)reads - A Frank Buckley Production - but I was unable to find out much about him.  Would like to know a bit more.

 
It is pouring with rain here in Greenock today!  Hope the weather is better wherever you are.  Have a lovely weekend.

Love, Liz

Comments

Anonymous said…
We're having gorgeous weather, thanks for asking!

That dish is so, so pretty. The design looks so traditional, but the label looks like Arts & Crafts. If it's a small company I imagine the dish is quite rare.
So pretty ... it was bright and sunny here in Birmingham this morning but has clouded over now. Hoping for a sunnier weekend... Sarah x
bellaboo said…
They are very pretty,just my style.
I have two similar to yours and was so upset when I broke a piece off one of the lids.I've repaired it but it's never the same is it?

Bellaboo X
Paulette said…
My this dish is charming. I bet it looks attractive on your table during dinner parties. If only we could have the pricing back from days gone by.
Plain Jane said…
Lovely bowl - I think the mark is just as pretty though! I've tried to look him up but youre right I just keep coming back to the same place - hmmmm - must be very rare and very valuable!!! Jane x
serendipity said…
Absolutely beautiful. It's really hard to find lidded dishes these days. I guess most people don't bother with "formal" dining now! xx
sky-blu-pink said…
Gorgeous! Will grace any lunch table!
Curtise said…
Very pretty, I do love lidded serving dishes, of all eras and styles.
Breezy and sunny here today, perfect for my line full of washing. Yeah, I'm soooo rock-n-roll! xxxxx
I'll get the book out...
looks very pretty!

Popular Posts