Seaside House

 Just finished this lovely wee cross stitch house.  Really enjoyed stitching it.

Its from The Shores of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings.  Because I was stitching it on its own and not as part of a bigger project, I decided to brighten up some of the colours.  I also did a little bit of alterations on the house windows - just made them a stitch bigger.  I had previously stitched the lovely ship from the same pattern.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out.

Also finished reading Lamentation by C J Sansom.  It's part of the Shardlake Series.  Didn't enjoy it as much as Heartstone, but it was a good read.

Can treat myself to a new cross stitch start this weekend.  Hope you've had some finishes and some good reads recently.

Love, Liz

Comments

Catherine said…
I love the house, very nice colours. It’s nice with the sea and sailing boat. Very pretty.
Olde Dame Holly said…
I have been so tired after work that I have done NOTHING on the "colonial coves" series I am creating. I miss cross stitch but I have to have rested eyes or I can't stitch. Your work is lovely!
I love the colours you used for the house and aren't those little sailing boats cute? I seem to read a lot slower lately and it's simply taking ages to finish a book. Possibly because I often read in bed and fall asleep after half a page! xxx

Popular Posts