Measure by measure

These two little pewter measuring cups have been in the family for many years.


They are like mini tankards.  The small one is just four and a half cm high and holds 25 ml of fluid.  The larger on is five and a half cm and holds 50 ml of fluid. 


Think they were used in a pub to measure out alcohol.


The wording on the underside is "Harry Mason Ltd, Birmingham" - the company still make items for bars and has been in business for over 200 years!


I keep these in my china cabinet, but now that I've photographed them, I was thinking it might be time for a polish, but I love the patina of age on them.  What do you think?

Have a great weekend.

Love, Liz

Comments

Crimson Kettle said…
They look full of character!
Kim said…
Oh, I love the patina of your pewter measuring cups. They are fabulous.
They're lovely family heirlooms, and I think polishing them and removing their patina would definitely detract from their attraction. xxx
Julie said…
They are lovely, don't polish them, they look perfect as they are

Popular Posts