Simply blue and white

You can't really beat blue and white china for effect.


Love these frilly tulips - have no idea what their name is, but they are just so pretty and delicate.


Teamed this up with a vintage Bristol ware cup and saucer in a lovely shade of white.



Very calming, don't you think?


I thought that I would be stuck for a background for my bits and pieces without my dresser and all the stuff that was on it. But having a plain white backdrop in my new kitchen is making me see things in a totally different light and I love photographing them in a less "busy" environment.  Helps me appreciate the shapes and intricate details - especially on this pretty vintage cup and saucer.


Have a lovely Thursday.

Love, Liz

Comments

Jane said…
Your lovely white kitchen has more use than just to cook in! I love those tulips, that sweet frilly edge. They look perfect in your blue and white jug. Best, Jane x
Vix said…
I love those filled edges on your blooms! that's a lovely composition, like a modern still life.
Maggie said…
Those Tulips are so pretty! I think an un-fussy background is always better for photographs, I can't always be bothered to set things up though :-)
What a gorgeous still life, Liz! I love the blue jug with the frilly white tulips, and the Bristol Ware cup and saucer look deceptively simple, until one zooms in on its exquisite details. xxx
Blue and white is always a beautiful combination! This is so pretty, Liz!
Gorgeous arrangement and the tulips are so pretty xx
Jo said…
Very pretty, and I love those tulips, aren't they gorgeous?
Vesna Armstrong said…
Beautiful vintage vase and white tulips, Liz. Nice to see your posts again :) x
Rosie said…
The pretty white tulips look wonderful in your blue jug:)
Julie said…
Are they called parrot tulips?
Stunning picture with the white background

Popular Posts