Honey, I found the parsnips!

Ok - so yesterday, I found the parsnips that should have been cooked on Christmas Day!


I searched high and low on Christmas Day for these blinking things.  The family even helped, but then assumed that Mum was "losing it"!  They even suggested I hadn't actually bought them. But I knew I had, I just couldn't find them.  Of course they were "hidden" in plain sight - second tray of the vegetable rack.  They look a bit scabby now - but they'll make a great pot of soup!


Don't know about you, but I always, for some reason,  miss something out when I've a big meal to cook.  Ah well, there was so much food, I don't think anyone really missed them.

Love, Liz

Comments

Kezzie said…
but i bet you sappreciated the nice soup!!!
Fiona said…
Glad it's not just me then! Today I spent 30 minutes looking for my tripod, also hidden in plain sight as I walked past it twice but I was convinced it was in a cupboard! That soup will be v. tasty. Happy Hogmanay!
Mum said…
Don't 'lose it' next year! Resolution no. 1 for you - say out loud where you put things. It doesn't always help but it may do with the parsnips next Christmas.
xx
Luckily Mr FHCS did all the prep and cooking Christmas day and irritatingly didn't even break a sweat! Happy new year!
forties@heart said…
Yes, I know the feeling, it's so frustrating when you find the missing ingredient when your tidying up. I usually forget something in the microwave! Happy New Year X
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words about Nelson Crest!! I do love to "play" with it!
Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Debbie
Christine M said…
Don't worry Liz. That's happened to me before too. Not as bad as the time I was on retreat and had made a cauliflower cheese for the family to have for dinner. They told me is wasn't as nice as I made which I couldn't understand as I had made it. It would have been lovely if it had been taken out of the oven on Friday night, not 9.00 the next morning!
Sheila said…
I forgot the bread sauce for Christmas dinner....until we were half way through.

Popular Posts