Strange New Addiction!

I've a confession to make!
I have a strange new addiction to ................. tinned creamed rice!


I tasted it for the first time earlier this year when my brother in law won a food hamper at Christmas and gave us the things he didn't like.  Among the items was a tin of creamed rice.  So in the spirit of waste not, want not I opened it - not really expecting to like it.


Well, a few months later and a tin of creamed rice is now on our weekly shopping list!  I love the stuff!  I'm supposed to be on a diet, but have to have my weekly fix.  I open the tin, pop it in a tub and put it in the fridge - I love it nice and chilled!  Yum!  Doesn't even have to be the well known brand - cheaper versions are just as good, to me!


Do you have any strange food addictions?

Love, Liz

Comments

Chy said…
My new favorite addiction is cold, crisp Granny Smith apples, cut into small pieces, dipped in Poppyseed Dressing. Yum!!
Jo said…
I love tinned creamed rice too... and all the crockery in the background of your photos!

I don't think any of my food addictions are particularly strange but I am overly fond of biscuits. Once a packet is open there's no stopping me!
mamasmercantile said…
I boy the Morrison's value tin at a cost of 15p it is a little thin but tastes good.
Love your teacup collection! Not sure I'd be a fan of creamed rice, but I'm pretty addicted to cereals, probably have two bowls of shreddies a day!
Unknown said…
i love tinned rice pudding its my fav. So your not the only one!
gilly said…
Yep, Ambrosia (other brands are available!) creamed rice has been a firm favourite since I was a little girl. My gran used to "make" it for us and I had no idea until I was about 20, and my mama broke the news, that Gran's yummy rice pudding came out of a tin! ;-)
Happy weekend, xx
Teresa Kasner said…
My husband would love that. I would try it but am not so sure.. :-) I wonder if you can get it in the USA? My vice is crunchy peanut butter mixed with honey and spread on a toasted English muffin for breakfast. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Popular Posts