Driving Back In Time

Some friends and I had a great time at the Riverside Transport Museum in Glasgow yesterday.  We were shown around by a guide who was absolutely wonderful in telling us all about the museum and the exhibits.  He had an amazing knowledge about  - well, everything!  It really enhanced our visit.

 
 
My favourite part was the old street.  I remember when I was you going to the Castle Museum in York, seeing the Victorian street there, and asking my Mum and Dad if I could just stay - I've been fascinated by places like that ever since!
 

I had fun enhancing some of these photos.

 
This may look like a display of toy cars, but they are full size!

 
If you are ever in Glasgow, you really should visit the Riverside Museum!

 
Love, Liz

Comments

Mum said…
Those cars had me fooled. I still can't believe they're full size. How have they managed to display them like that?
Love from Mum
xx
blackenpot said…
It is certainly very interesting going to such places. I have been to one nearby my home town. I can remember a lot of the items they show.

It's good looking back.

Enjoy your new week.
sky-blu-pink said…
I'd love to visit this museum, like you, I loved the York museum when I visited with my parents, at about age 15.
June said…
Those cars had me fooled too! I love places like this. There used to be one near us I'll have to see if it still exists!
June
amazing! love everything old :) really they are all full size? wow!
ted and bunny said…
we visited the Thinktank Science Museum in Birmingham where they have a WW2 Spitfire plane hanging from the ceiling- it was amazing but it looked so small!

Thankyou for your kind comment, I love the picture plates too but they're hopeless to display a cake on cos it completely covers the lovely pattern.

Your new header is great. I'm determined to learn to crochet by Christmas, I have the wool stored for all sorts of projects.

Have a great week- raining here, a bit dull outside but full of sunshine inside!
x
Rachael said…
Love transport museums like this - Hull has one similar.
Looks great fun! The Castle Museum is one of my favourites, too. x

Popular Posts